technically beaten in this game

Find News, Media & Publication Sales in Australia. Magazines, Entertainment, Comics, Pay TV, More ...
jlsalh21

technically beaten in this game

Postby jlsalh21 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 am

The Astros had battled the Red Sox for more than four hours of drama-filled October baseball before second baseman Jose Altuve fielded a grounder off the bat of Dustin Pedroia and threw it to first base for the Roberto Perez Authentic Jersey final out of a 5-4 win that locked up Game 4 of the American League Division Series presented by Doosan. The Astros, who won the series, 3-1, danced and shouted after advancing to their first American League Championship Series presented by Camping World, beginning Friday against the winner of the Indians-Yankees series, while the Red Sox's season came to an end."It's pretty agonizing during the game, and we're pretty exhausted," Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. "But what an emotional day for us."

Backed by a Ryan Merritt Authentic Jersey game-tying homer by Alex Bregman off Chris Sale to lead off the eighth and a two-out RBI single later in the inning by Josh Reddick off closer Craig Kimbrel, the Astros won their first postseason series since the 2005 National League Championship Series.

"Our dugout was pretty quiet for most of the game with Sale in there," Reddick said. "For [Bregman] to pick us up right there, especially late, we knew they were riding him to the ninth until they had to Satchel Paige Authentic Jersey get to Kimbrel. For him to come up big for us -- having big at-bats at home against him helped a lot -- and we couldn't overlook the Carlos Beltran [RBI] double [in the ninth], and that ends up being the deciding factor in the game."Andrew Benintendi gave the Red Sox hope for a Game 5 when he greeted Astros ace Justin Verlander -- who was used in relief in this one like Sale -- with a two-run homer to right to make it 3-2, Boston, in the Shawn Armstrong Authentic Jersey fifth. But it was Verlander's only damaging pitch, and he went on to get the win in his first career relief appearance.
"They asked me when I got there -- after they found out we were going to start the game -- they asked me if I would be good to pitch if we were in a delayed situation," Verlander said. "I said, 'Yeah,' When they found out we weren't in a delay anymore, they knew I was good and they said, 'Go down there and be ready for some at-bats. Can you get Benintendi?' I said 'Sure.' That didn't work out so well, but the rest of it did."

Sale, who came on to start the fourth with Boston down by a run at 2-1, had cruised through his first four innings, allowing two hits and no runs. He was at 65 pitches when he came back out for the eighth. Shawn Morimando Authentic Jersey With a runner on and two outs, George Springer worked Kimbrel for a walk. Reddick, who started his career with the Red Sox, put the Astros in front when he got enough of a 99.3-mph heater and put it into left for the RBI single.

"He's such a battler up there," Hinch said. "He knows the strike zone very well. He'll take a single. Nowadays when guys are trying to put up OPS, they're trying to hit homers, they're trying to drive the ball, it's uncommon to have a guy understand the game and just take a single and have a big moment."

Return to “News, Media & Publications”